I’ve got to be honest, I was very late to the TikTok hype. In fact, my husband had been trying to get me to watch videos for quite some time. He would often get lost down a rabbit hole, figuratively speaking, watching endless videos. Then one day, he sent me a link to a video that showed a Keto recipe being made in less than 30 seconds. I was hooked. I started by posting some simple videos, rear view mirror type ones, but eventually moved on to create my own cooking videos.
What is TikTok? A social networking app combined with video capability, all in very short bursts, with or without music. One of my first videos, Crispy Keto Pickle Cheese Bites, has received over 100,000 views. Which according to my son, is pretty cool. I just love being able to create and post a video in almost real time. I plan to create a section on this blog that relates to each video, where I can walk the viewer through the behind the scenes parts i.e. the full recipe, links to whomever created it and what I changed/learned.
Keto Lemon Cheese Cake Fat Bomb
A staple fat bomb to be kept in your freezer, great to up your fat intake or to cure your sweet tooth. If you like lemon and cheesecake, then you will LOVE these, they are both tart and sweet. Thanks to chrissieozment42 for asking about the net carbs, it got me writing this post.
- 8 oz wt. cream cheese
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp granular swerve
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- Let the cream cheese and butter sit at room temperature until softened before continuing with the recipe. PTJ: I put them both on the counter a couple hours before beginning the preparation.
- In a bowl, combine sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest (if using), stirring until well-mixed.
- In a separate bowl, microwave the cream cheese for about 20 seconds until very soft and pliable. This is an optional step, but it makes the cream cheese more easily combined with the other ingredients. PTJ: this step should be taken, it makes blending the ingredients that much easier.
- Add cream cheese and butter to the bowl with the lemon juice mixture. Use an electric hand mixer on low speed to beat until well-mixed.
- Divide the batter into 16 (.5 net carbs each) or 45 (.5 net carbs for 3) round silicone molds.
- Freeze for several hours until completely solid, before serving. Store leftovers in the freezer.
- I make enough to last a couple of weeks, always having at least two options on had at any time. I alternate with a few different fat bombs, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Cheese Cake and Dark Chocolate Macaroons
In my TikTok video you will see that I use several tools, easy to come by, to create these wonderful treats. Here are the molds that I purchased and LOVE, from Amazon.
This is the grater that I used to get the finest rind from the lemons.
And finally, I use this lemon squeezer.
Next post, I will share the recipe for the Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs, these are my husbands favourite (and I love them too).
“Plan for tomorrow, because tomorrow you won’t have time