Now, I don’t mean in the sense that I “changed” him. For example, I haven’t yet been able to get him to put the seat back down or prevent him from taking his socks off in the living room. I’m talking about a body change. This summer, my husband and I drove to Maine, Quebec and back through Ontario, all the while enjoying culinary delights; seafood in Maine and poutine in Quebec. When we arrived home we realized we had to change our way of eating. The scales were reporting a record weight of 234lb and 232.4lb. So, together we made the decision to change and what a fantastic journey it’s been.
I’m working on my second book, the first one Simple Keto Egg Fast Meal Plan, sold on Etsy. But this time, I’m documenting everything I made for my husband. The meals and the snacks, that have kept us both on track. In three months, he lost almost 40lbs and I lost 30lbs. Aside from the meals that I make, my husband really likes fat bombs. They stave off hunger and keep you on track. Here is one of my most recent Fat Bomb recipes that keep the cravings at bay.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted at room temperature
- 1/2 cup raw, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw unsweetened almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tsp liquid stevia
- 12 pecan halves
- 1 tsp granulated swerve
- In a mixing bowl, add the melted coconut oil. Stir in the cocoa powder and add in the almond butter. Mix until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour and liquid stevia and mix some more to let it blend. Taste and adjust the sweetness.
- Pour the mixture into either a silicone mold or paper liners (I'll include the link to the ones that I use), top with a pecan half and freeze for 20-25 minutes or until the fudge is set.
- Once set, sprinkle the last tsp of swerve over the fat bombs. For silicone mold, just pop out or if using liners, store in an airtight container, in the fridge.
- 1 Net Carb
Next post, I will share the recipe for the Keto Lemon Cheese Cake Fat Bombs, these are my favourite (so far).
“Plan for tomorrow, because tomorrow you won’t have time