Here’s what I made for dinner tonight. OMG! So good.
Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole (7 SP)
This is a delicious, healthy teriyaki chicken and rice casserole recipe. You can use your favorite veggies and toss this simple casserole together in just minutes with ingredients you already have.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 26g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup snap peas or snow peas
- 2 sweet peppers, sliced lengthwise
- Uncle Ben’s Garlic Butter rice, entire package
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Start cooking the rice, while rice is simmering move on to the next step
- Combine the soy sauce, the ½ cup water, the brown sugar, honey, ginger, olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan and cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove lid and cook for one minute once boiling.
- While waiting for the sauce to come to a boil, stir together the corn starch and 2 tablespoons of water in a separate dish until smooth to form a slurry. Once the sauce is boiling, add the slurry to the saucepan and stir in to combine. Cook for another minute until the sauce starts to thicken and then remove from heat.
- Lay the raw chicken breasts flat in a 9×13 casserole dish and pour about a cup of the sauce over top of the chicken. Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes until breasts are cooked through*. Remove the dish from the oven and shred the chicken right in the dish using two forks.
- *While the chicken is cooking, steam all the vegetables together
- When the chicken is shredded and the vegetables are cooked, add the vegetables and rice to the casserole dish with the chicken. Add the remaining sauce, stir everything together in the casserole dish until well combined and serve.
- WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS: 7 per serving
- This recipe is adapted from the following: http://www.emilybites.com/2015/11/teriyaki-chicken-and-rice-casserole.html
Plan The Journey http://planthejourney.ca/
“Plan for tomorrow, because tomorrow you won’t have time”