About a year ago I heard about a morning coffee that I just had to try. According to the chiropractors that told me about it, I was at a conference with three practitioners speaking about the evils of sugar and during the speech they mentioned this “amazing” beverage. So, I went right out to the health food store and bought the ingredients that I needed. The next morning I made the concoction and it was … gross. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago and I yet again heard about this “you’ve-just-got-to-try-this” coffee. Upon reflection of my last failed attempt, I realized that I put the wrong type of ingredient into the coffee AND didn’t sweeten it. Following the steps, exactly, I was surprised to find that I LOVE this coffee.
What is it? It’s called Bulletproof Coffee.
- 2 cups High quality coffee
- 1 Tablespoon pure MCT Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted grass-fed butter
- A touch of sweetener (I use splenda)
- Step 1. Brew strong black coffee
- Step 2. In a Magic Bullet cup, add 1 tsp MCT oil, 1 Tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter and sweetener if you like it sweet
- Step 3. Add brewed coffee to the cup
- Step 4. Blend, using the magic bullet, for 20 seconds, until it's creamy and no oil sits on the surface.
- Step 5. Pour into your cup of choice, since I commute, mine goes into a travel mug and I finish it on my drive to work
- I have adapted this recipe, the original one calls for a specific brand of coffee and oil. Plus no sweetener is suggested, but I can't get it down without adding a bit of sweetness.
I’ve been drinking this coffee for two weeks and I love it. I have so much more energy in the morning. Plus, I didn’t even notice, but I am no longer starving at 11am and mentally going through my lunch bag to figure out what I could eat. Making the coffee is fast and simple. By the time I get into my car, to drive the 45 minute commute to work, I’m looking forward to the first sip of my “latte“.
Here’s my video, the next time I’ll make sure to start recording at the beginning.
My Recommendation: Magic Bullet
I have been using my Magic bullet for years! It’s awesome. Super easy to make the Bullet Proof coffee in the morning (interesting that they both share the word Bullet). Definitely get this if you are going to incorporate this coffee into your Keto or Low Carb plan.
Oh and my initial mistake? I used salted butter. Ugh. Never put salted butter in the Bulletproof Coffee. Disgusting. Cheers my friends!
“Plan for tomorrow, because tomorrow you won’t have time”