About a year ago I heard about a morning coffee that I just had to try. According to the chiropractors that told me about it, I was at a conference with three practitioners speaking about the evils of sugar and during the speech they mentioned this “amazing” beverage. So, I went right out to the health food store and bought the ingredients that I needed. The next morning I made the concoction and it was … gross. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago and I yet again heard about this “you’ve-just-got-to-try-this” coffee. Upon reflection of my last failed attempt, I realized that I put the wrong type of ingredient into the coffee AND didn’t sweeten it. Following the steps, exactly, I was surprised to find that I LOVE this coffee.
What is it? It’s called Bulletproof Coffee.
- 2 cups High quality coffee
- 1 Tablespoon pure MCT Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted grass-fed butter
- A touch of sweetener (I use splenda)
- Step 1. Brew strong black coffee
- Step 2. In a Magic Bullet cup, add 1 tsp MCT oil, 1 Tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter and sweetener if you like it sweet
- Step 3. Add brewed coffee to the cup
- Step 4. Blend, using the magic bullet, for 20 seconds, until it's creamy and no oil sits on the surface.
- Step 5. Pour into your cup of choice, since I commute, mine goes into a travel mug and I finish it on my drive to work
- I have adapted this recipe, the original one calls for a specific brand of coffee and oil. Plus no sweetener is suggested, but I can't get it down without adding a bit of sweetness.
Oh and my initial mistake? I used salted butter. Ugh. Never put salted butter in the Bulletproof Coffee. Disgusting. Cheers my friends!
“Plan for tomorrow, because tomorrow you won’t have time”